Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There is no end to the videos of Thailand.

The week is almost over. It goes by so fast. I won't have a full weekend in Turin until December.

I still have countless video footage of my trip in Thailand, and I manage to throw some together periodically. No, I am not living a double life between Southeast Asia and Western Europe, I'm just chronologically impaired. Bare with me.



This is a brief film of my fourth day in Bangkok, though techically it was filmed in Ayutthaya. The palace grounds were so huge that it was recommended that we rent golf carts, which we did with more fun and pleasure than necessary. We encountered monks on vacation and harassed hedge-monsters, then spent the afternoon at the Ancient Market trying all sorts of traditional Thai food. If you can't view the video, allow me to redirect you to my YouTube page here.

I hope the weather is well wherever you are as I have just been driven by necessity to purchase my first legitimate winter coat ever. Let me tell you, it doesn't mess around. It's like magic really. You see, I zip it up and throw the fur-lined hood over my head and it's like Hawaii, but indoors. My legs complain but my body is lying beach-side with a Corona in the inside wool-reinforced pocket. I haven't been in love with anything so wonderful since I last saw the Jonas Brothers on "Disney in English" last Monday. No matter what you say, you can't take my Jonas away.

Next time you hear from me I'll be elsewhere, though we'll keep the destination a surprise. BEDIN is about to begin and November will make you wish you were me.

So, what's everyone going to be for Halloween?

No comments: