Thursday, May 13, 2010

Video Spam

I'm going to spam you with videos, are you ready?

MAKAPU'U CLIFFSIDE HIKE
The first is my most recent, though it was shot back in March during Spring Break. (Time has no respect for anybody). Jeff, Laura, Chris, Doni, Spencer and I made a date to hit up the area around Makapu'u Lighthouse. I could write a whole story for you, but then that would defeat the purpose of my poignant narration. Behold, a great outdoor adventure.



KAWAII-KON 2010
The second was an assignment from The Kapi'o, a small newspress run out of KCC. We had written an article about Kawaii-Kon a few weeks before the event began, though I didn't read it until it hit the stands the following Monday. I took the paper to my editor, begged to attend and it was done. Press passes were promised to me and I reserved the weekend of the 17th for nerdtastic fun. Oh, and it was a beautiful weekend indeed.




HUSTLED BY WIND (SKIRTS DON'T STAND A CHANCE)
This is another video taken during spring break when my friend, Ken, and I decided to go out for lunch together. Our spontaneity led us to a post-meal trip to Pali Lookout, where the winds were on high per usual. Inspired by the footage, I went home and had the video edited within a few days. Within the week, "Hustled by Wind" had over 1,000 hits, which I miscredited to my editing skills. Thanks to YouTube's Insight data section, I was able to discover that it was just an overwhelming amount of 55-64 year old men who were doing searches for "windy skirt." This is disgusting, but the video is not. Watch it.

No comments: