Friday, February 20, 2009

Chronological and Numerical Form

I know this is a severely inadequate representation of the past two weeks, but due to the fact that I had no electricity for the first week, and no internet for the better half of the second, I think it's safe to say that I'm allowed such a hasty post.

The general rundown in chronological and numerical form is as follows:
  1. I packed my things and left Germany.
  2. I moved to Italy and unpacked my things where I experienced a five day blackout and three days of internet abstinence. I also made some friends, picked up on Italian, figured out public transportation, went shopping, bought a camera, had gelato (twice), got lost and was subsequently overwhelmed by the consistency of beautiful architecture that has come to define the country. Though I have seen only the mere hem of Italy, is has already swooned me every day that I have left my apartment.
  3. My grandma had a stroke.
  4. My grandma slipped into a coma.
  5. I bought a ticket home and leave for Milan, New York, San Fransisco and then Hawaii tomorrow morning at 4am. It will be thirty hours thereafter before I arrive.
  6. I will spend roughly a week with my family, mourning and remembering and loving, as we have all learned that we should do more of it while we have the time.
See you in Hawaii.