Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The recent past and a 20 second Video.

Let's get back into the habit of this, shall we? For some reason, I was so much more diligent with my posts when I was in Germany. This is probably due to the fact that Germany functions on a regulated and predictable time pattern, whereas Italian time functions more as a variable than a constant. We're not sure who to blame for the shortness of days; The weather, the country, a malicious force that inflicts steroids upon our watches, our dependance on caffeine. Ask anyone here, they'll tell you the same thing: There's just not enough time in the day. 

Regardless, things have been well. I got a new room mate nearly two weeks ago (has it been so long, so soon? I'm always so shocked at the actual speed of life no matter how aware of it I presume to be). I started Italian lessons and have traversed the basics of singular and plural nouns to dates, times, shops and primary verbs. I took a semester of Italian five years ago, so you'd think this language would come more naturally. But no, this isn't the case at all. Italian eludes me. 

I went to Verona a few weekends ago, nearly a month ago now that I think about it (Seriously. Time? It's completely irregular). Loved the city, but loved my company even more. Sadly, Daniele, one of my very few friends in this country, has flown away and left us for West Virginia. It's actually something I try not to think about. 

And then there's the matter of summer plans, which dishearten me because I am so very bad at planning. This is my rough draft schedule for my six week European sojourn, are you ready? 

Week 1: ??? Spain? 
Week 2: Nice, France 
Week 3: Cinque Terre, Naples, Rome 
Week 4: Rome, Florence, Tuscany ???? 
Week 5-6: Volunteering in Greece.

Now here's a 20 second video that will fill you with a sense of mediocre entertainment and wasted time


No comments: