Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You got me a what?

Someone knocked on my door early Monday morning. It was my brother, Shaun, and he said to me, "I got you a treasure chest." I do this thing where my eyebrow goes up and I exude skepticism, which was his cue to repeat himself, "I got you a treasure chest. It's outside."

So, abandoning the task of getting dressed, I went to investigate just what exactly he meant by treasure chest.

I should have known that it was out of character for him to be metaphorical and poetic, because what I found waiting for me in the garage was a bona-fide treasure chest. It is also quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever received. You must concur.


Also! I recapped my first month being back home in the following video. Included are snippets of: Italian homecoming party, a failed Oreo back, mochi making, new years eve, new years day, Japanese traditions, cemetery visits and a shaka outro! Enjoy! (ps. If I saw you this month, then you are likely to have made a cameo somewhere in these four minutes!)


No comments: