Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New in town

I have arrived safely in Dubai. Things are fine though I just forked over a quarter of what is left of my spending money for a desert safari. I'm feeling quite downhearted at the moment as i have left a very secure place with family and friends and anything i could want (as the cost of living in Thailand is so cheap!) for a country where I am alone and wary and poor. Regardless, a camel ride should do me good and cure my homesickness for a moment at least. The following days will be spent appreciating the cheap and the free ways of life. Bread by the river, a swim in the Arabian Sea, a walk through a souq, an afternoon by a mosque. Still, the life blood of my travel bug is growing thin and now, more than ever, am I ready to return to the comforts of my Italian home. I can see it now, the train station, the skip across the street to my apartment, the marbel steps, the high ceilings, the soft sheets, the open window and the sound of the tram rattling by, this way and that.

But until then, I must make the most of my leftover time abroad and dune bashing sounds just about right.

No comments: