Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My intentions were this:

Blog from Berlin.

It's simple in theory, but there wasn't a moment in that city where I had time for anything other than the pure need for exploration and discovery. There's is no other place like it and never, in all my comings and goings, have I ever found it so emotionally painful to leave a place. My experience in Berlin was unique, driven first by a desire to understand its history. This past Monday was the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, and I made every effort to be there for it. What I didn't know about its history was to be discovered, and by the time the city gathered throughout its streets, filling large, German squares in the name of reunification, I was a transformed person.

This trip can not be summed up in one post or one video, so in addition to my daily blogs, I will cover what I experienced in Germany. In this way, maybe I can change the slogan of my mission from "Blog Every Day In November," to "Blog Thirty Times In November." We'll keep the original acronym for historic documentation.

No comments: