Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sickly Epidermis.

Skin. It's something you get used to not seeing once November rolls around. Its rare appearance makes any extra bit of it seem that much more scandalous. Constant cover turns wrists and ankles pale, returning them to a state before excessive UV exposure reminiscent of half-naked days on the sea side.

My enjoyment of white skin is what adds to the thrill of attending Italian lessons at the local university. The rooms tend to be overheated, so I like to arrive early and situate myself in the back of the class. I watch as everyone arrives and remove their coats, though it never stops there. Midway through the lesson on prepositions, the boy from Russia will shed his pullover and it's over - He has just broken the seal. Soon, there are a handful of boys in their white undershirts with the pale skin of their arms looking sickly under the florescent bulbs. I just love it.

Anyway, pictures of Venice are up, so you can click here to view them. I intend to have the video up by Friday, but there's just too much to do before I set off again. My goodness how time flies.

No comments: