Tuesday, November 3, 2009

YouTube Cattle Call


How does anyone do a followup post after a city like Venice? Already I'm back in the grind, living out my routine. The only difference is that now, when I close my eyes, I still feel like I'm moving. I guess that's what happens when you spend an hour on multiple water busses and six hours on intercity trains. Yeay travel.

I've been spending my down time going over the plethora of video footage I managed to capture this past weekend. Good grief there's so much. I've also tried to edit the photographs I took, but the task is daunting and I keep moving on to something else, like watching my new favorite YouTuber, Gunnarolla, speak French and sing songs about Canada.

So, in addition to living abroad, traveling when possible, making videos and blogging everyday of this month, I have taken up a side quest. As you may know, I've been trying my best to document the experiences I've had since I moved to Europe a year ago. The reaction that I've received is thrilling, and I realized how important sharing travel and cultural experiences can be. So, being an overly devoted YouTube user, I thought it would be great to start an expat collab channel where five expats living in all parts of the world could document and share what their lives are like under one community channel. Basically, it would require one video a week where we share stories or pictures of what we saw, learned, realized, ate etc. and then post them up. I'm hoping that we can develop a small following of viewers and, in an ideal situation, inspire them.

It sounds lofty, I know, but the hardest part seems to be getting those initial five participants. So, if you happen to be living abroad at the moment and are willing to create weekly videos, then let this be an invitation for you to contact me! (Nixfunkle@gmail.com)

I AM WAITING!

ps. Here's a picture of me and two Australian girls I met in Venice. We're being too cool for alcohol on Halloween night by rocking hot chocolate mustaches in some piazza.

No comments: